NAME: Church of the Annunziata.
LOCATION: Loc. Petrito
DESCRIPTION: Of the church, dating back to the 11th century, the structures were demolished in 1950 due to problems with staticity: only parts of the two apses that contain remains of a fresco (St. Michael), the crypt and the splendid bell tower survive.
The bell tower, in fact, visible from all over the village, is a splendid example of the architectural use of two-tone tuff inlays.
With a square ground plan, it has a circular belfry, with a dome and decorations of the supporting elements of the mullioned windows, obtained by alternating gray and yellow tuff, of which, unfortunately, sometimes only the imprint remains in the mortar; lozenges, rhombuses, and star-shaped motifs complete the decorative repertoire.
The church was home to the Congrega dell’Annunziata, composed only of pasta makers from Minori.
SEE, VISIT, FIND: The bell tower can be seen along the road from the center of Minori to the locality of Torre, from which there is an interesting view of the town.
FRUITION DATA: None
OPPORTUNITIES: The complex, illuminated at night, could be illustrated by means of information panels.
(a c. )SANGERMANO G., Minori. Storia, Arte e Cultura, Salerno 2000.
CAFFARO A. – GARGANO G., Costiera Amalfitana, guida storico-artistica, Salerno 1979