NAME: Church of St. Erasmus
DESCRIPTION: This church was built in 1412 on the remains of an older structure dedicated to St. Sebastian. The structure has a single nave, with shallow chapels on the sides, and at the crossing of the transept with the nave it shows a dome, defined externally by an octagonal body ending in a spire.
Notable among the sacred furnishings are some canvases from the school of Luca Giordano.
SEE, VISIT, FIND: The church is open during celebrations.
FRUITION DATA: None
BIBLIOGRAPHY: FIERRO S., Tramonti dalle origini, Cava d. T. T. 1982
CAFFARO A. – GARGANO G. , Costiera Amalfitana, guida storico-artistica, Salerno 1979