NAME: Convent of St. Nicholas
LOCATION: Monte Forcella
DESCRIPTION: The S. Nicola complex on Monte Forcella consists of a church and convent, both of which underwent necessary restoration in the 1980s.
It was founded in the 11th century and became the seat of the Augustinians beginning in 1628.
The church has a single nave, with a statue of the saint in the niche over the altar.
The convent has an elongated structure on two floors: the lower one consisted of service rooms with vaulted ceilings, while the upper one consisted of five rooms, the monks’ original cells. Traces of a bell tower can be seen.
SEE, VISIT, FIND: To visit the complex it is necessary to contact the parish priest of Minori or at the Pro Loco.
FRUITION DATA: None
OPPORTUNITIES: The site could be included in a nature trail that, starting from the locality of Sambuco in the municipality of Ravello, reaches Minori through the forest and places from which the panorama of the Coast can be enjoyed.
(a c. )SANGERMANO G., Minori. Storia, Arte e Cultura, Salerno 2000.
CAFFARO A. – GARGANO G., Costiera Amalfitana, guida storico-artistica, Salerno 1979